About Zynga (adapted from Zynga prospectus):
Zynga is the world's leading social game developer with 232 million average MAUs in 166 countries. Zynga has launched the most successful social games in the industry in each of the last three years and have generated over $1.5 billion in cumulative bookings since their inception in 2007. Zynga games are accessible on Facebook, other social networks and mobile platforms to players worldwide, wherever and whenever they want. Their games are operated as live services and continually enhanced by adding new content and features. All Zynga games are free to play, and revenue is generated through the in-game sale of virtual goods and advertising.
According to AppData, Zynga has more monthly active users on Facebook than the next 15 social game developers combined. Zynga players are also more engaged, with Zynga games being played by more than 60 million average DAUs worldwide. According to AppData, they have more daily active users than the next 30 social game developers combined.
Zynga has many of the most popular and successful online social games, including CityVille, FarmVille, Mafia Wars, Words with Friends and Zynga Poker. A Zynga game has been the most popular game on Facebook every month since the beginning of 2009. On mobile platforms, Zynga has several of the most popular games, including Words with Friends and Hanging with Friends, which are currently the top two games in the word category in the Apple App Store for iPhone.
Zynga games have achieved rapid and widespread adoption. FarmVille grew to 43 million MAUs in its first 100 days and CityVille grew to 61 million MAUs in its first 50 days. Their newest web-based game, Empires & Allies, grew to be the second most popular game on Facebook less than a month after launch. In June 2011, Zynga launched Hanging with Friends, which became the most downloaded game in the Apple App Store for iPhone during its first week.
Zynga seeks to increase player engagement, cross-promote their portfolio of games, continually enhance existing games, launch new games and build the Zynga brand.
From 2008 to 2010, Zynga bookings increased from $35.9 million to $838.9 million, and their adjusted EBITDA increased from $4.5 million to $392.7 million. For the three months ended March 31, 2010 and 2011, their bookings increased from $178.3 million to $286.6 million, and their adjusted EBITDA increased from $93.6 million to $112.3 million. For information regarding bookings and adjusted EBITDA and a reconciliation of these measures to revenue and net income (loss), see the Zynga prospectus section titled "Summary Consolidated Financial Data—Non-GAAP Financial Measures."
Zynga believes the following strengths provide them with competitive advantages:
- Deep Base of Talent. Their unique company culture serves as the foundation of their success and helps them attract, grow and retain world class talent. Zynga believes their culture and success to date have made them an employer of choice amongst innovators in our industry.
- Large and Global Community of Players. Zynga has 232 million average MAUs in 166 countries.
- Leading Portfolio of High Quality Social Games. The Zynga portfolio of games includes many of the most popular and successful social games on social networks and mobile platforms, including CityVille, FarmVille, Mafia Wars, Words with Friends and Zynga Poker.
- Sophisticated Data Analytics. The extensive engagement of their players provides over 15 terabytes of game data per day that is used to enhance their games by designing, testing and releasing new features on an ongoing basis.
- Scalable Technology Infrastructure and Game Engines. Zynga has invested extensively in developing proprietary technology to support the growth of their business. We have developed a flexible game engine that we leverage for the development and launch of new games. With each release, we add features and functionality to improve our core code base for future game development.
..read more of their strategies, goals and metrics on the Zynga prospectus.This description is adapted from Zynga prospectus. This description is not intended to be a recommendation to buy stock from this company. We do not claim that all of the statements above were researched and found to be true. We present them as a general description based on what the company has said about itself at the time that they submitted their prospectus for an IPO offering. To see the company's full description, view their prospectus..